CONTENTS

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Today I am mostly .....

..... replying to comments. I find it harder in Blogger to reply to comments than in any other blog programs I've used, so I'm going to try replying via posts!

Digital Gran - it's great to hear from you! I've been following your blog on and off for a while, and loved the photos of the NW Embroiders Guild exhibition. By the time the next one comes around I should be retired and able to get to see it!!

Judy - when I originally posted the St. Ives quilt, I acknowledged that it was based on an Alfred Wallis paining which I think I omitted when I posted the finished piece. It's one of the few things I've go that will end up on a wall - just because it is so reminiscent of that part of St. Ives.

margaret the stamp is one of the many eraser stamps I've been making for FYOVL and the ink is a bog standard Versacolor. (What you can't see are the scrap papers where I've taken off just enough ink to get the graduation!) I'm hoping to get hold of something to use with fabric because I can see this idea translating quite well. I'm told Stazon inkpads are good for durability but haven't tried them.

sharon young this site best summarises what I liked about Heptonstall - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/sense_of_place/heptonstall_1.shtml It's one of those place that I knew the name of, but nothing about and it surprised me that, though it is now overshadowed by Hebden Bridge it was actually far more important 200 years ago. A small place with a lot of history!

No comments: