CONTENTS

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Deadlines

From responses on and off blog - it seems that we love them! And I'd have agreed with everything Mags said in her comment, until this last quilt. Perhaps what got to me was the fact that the deadline was artificially imposed by 'external forces' - but my back is much improved, thanks for the well wishes.

As part of the day job I'm rolling out a technology that will allow children to submit work on-line. It's in its' early days in schools but a serious research study has proved that post-16 students show a consistent pattern of submitting work between 11pm and 2am on the day of the deadline. Research? Phrases like 'money for old rope' come to mind. Isn't this how we grew up? Isn't this the pattern for most of us?

And just because I like pictures, I did a search for textures on my favourite image site www.sxc.hu and came up with this from Nicolas Raymond of Montreal.

2 comments:

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

That is a great web-site, I didn't know it. It has now been added to favorites for inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the quilt you wring out of that picture...........

sharon young said...

Hi Linda
You research sounds very interesting, and no surprises on the timing for submitting work, I so much wish I could get into gear earlier.
Love the pic.