CONTENTS

Monday, August 30, 2010

What was I thinking about???


This seemed like a good idea at the time. I've been tidying up (Again!) and came across a bundle of fabric pieces approx 8" x 11" and approx rectangular. I'd won these pieces at a Quilters Guild Regional Day - I could have donated them to another raffle, I could have cut them into quarters, jumbled them round and sew them back together again, I could even have put them in the bin! But no, a little voice inside me said it would be fun to cut the pieces randomly and put them together again, and I believed that little voice!
So I've learned another form of prevarication - do something uselesss instead of getting on with things. I'm still mulling over my Elizabeth Barton class, I've a blog post in draft and an idea to explore the lessons I learned, and what am I doing - almost impossible fabric jigsaws!
The completed jigsaw will make a top roughly 24" x 30", the next step is to give it a tea bath, then I'll layer it and add some extra large white daisy style flowers to make a Linus quilt. (And that'll put off commiting to anything more serious for another couple of days!

2 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

Me, I've been reading books and doing some traditional patchwork (very basic - lots of squares). I think it's allowable to do something else - it allows time for the thoughts and lessons to rearrange themselves into usable form...

Linda B. said...

You're right Sandra - I suspect I was using different bits of my brain (Brain - wot brain??) when I was doing my 'jigsaw'!