CONTENTS

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm not the quilter that I thought I was...

I've mentioned before that I belong to a Round Robin group. We began in the traditional way adding rounds to a central block following a set of rules about size and style but over the years we've become more adventurous, abandoning rules, chopping up each others blocks and anything else that we could think of. But when it came round to ideas for the next Round Robin we were stumped - all the ideas we came up with seemed contrived (Because they were.) so it came as a surprise when I said flippantly that perhaps we should start all over again that there was universal agreement.
The only difference this time is that there are no rules other than the basic principle of adding on to whatever is in the bag, so no need for traditional patterns, asymmetric borders are a possibility, the addition could be to the surface of the existing piece etc. etc. So why is this what I put in my bag and why am I hoping that none of the above will apply? (Forgive the flat colour this was manipulated from the photo that I took part way through!)


And when it came to adding a border to the first piece I received I used Seminole piecing ...

No comments: