CONTENTS

Monday, June 29, 2015

CQ Summer School

seems to have whizzed by in a flash.
Alston Hall is a good venue for these events which are as much about friendship as learning. I signed up for a mark making course with Isobel Dibden-Wright and we spent our days working in monochrome on paper then fabric, following a series of guided exercises.
I'd promised myself that there would be no agonising over decisions so I found that I even enjoyed being sent out to sketch in the lovely grounds!




P.S.
Seeing what you've done in a different light whether it is through a mirror or, as in this instance, reading your own blog post is always illuminating. When I was stitching the piece, middle right, those stitches felt quite long, now I'm thinking that if I started over I'd make them at least twice as long to achieve the effect I was looking for!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I very much like the stitched marks and you've certainly got enough source material to keep you inspired for a while.

Heather Dubreuil said...

Beautiful work, Linda. I hope you develop these ideas further.