CONTENTS

Monday, August 06, 2007

Lots of sewing but no photos!

Having hurt a rib coughing (pathetic I know!) I've found a perfect excuse for being on holiday but not doing the usual thing of feeling guilty about sitting sewing. I've not been able to manage the biggish piece I'm working on so I've spent the last couple of days going through magazines copying features of quilts that I like, which is why there are no photos. I've made half a dozen 8" squares based on these quilts and learned lots, largely by seeing them in their 'before and after' quilting states. In most cases the construction techniques have been fairly obvious but one I copied has narrow wavy strips between larger pieces of fabric and I'm sure there must be an easier method than the one I used. But it did teach me just how much fabric can be 'moved' with a water spray and a hot iron .

No comments: