CONTENTS

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back at work for two weeks and ...

... my 'muse' has left me!

I'd planned today so that I could spend the afternoon in the workroom. I hadn't thought about what I'd do - last time I was working in there I had plenty of things boiling in my head, so it was quite a shock to find that I had no idea what to do! I couldn't recall any of the ideas that were burning to be turned into reality and now I understand where the use of sketchbooks comes in handy, because I'd not recorded a thing!

Fortunately I'd already bought in supplies and was able to turn to the next exercise in "Finding Your Own Visual Language" - 30 Days of Cutting Stamps , though there is the alternative route of one stamp every day for 30 days. I only cut two, then seriously amended one because I like the effect of lino prints. I love doing this and need to give it some serious thought, both in terms of the stamp and it's potential use. Today was just about finding out whether the rubbers (yes, I know there's a language issue here, but I've never called them erasers so bear with me) would hold paint or ink and they did. Unfortunately the camera is out of action so photos soon I hope!

1 comment:

margaret said...

Looking forward to seeing these....