CONTENTS

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A first attempt at paint

This has been an interesting exercise - I've not used acrylics much, and it shows. Interestingly, in her book Angie Hughes mentioned that her first attempts were quite pale. There is something to be said for pushing this attempt at a meadowy scene - on the other hand I could just ladle on the paint and go for something more intense!! I certainly anticipated that the green layer would virtually obliterate the blobs of colour, they were deliberately added to the lowest points of the surface. I've painted tissue paper before and got very different results - there were places were it almost acted as a resist. It isn't clear in the photo but the texture of the scrim is lovely - and certainly something I'll play with again.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: