CONTENTS

Thursday, July 26, 2012



I read an interesting blog post today by Heather G. Stoltz on Between Project Paralysis Even finding* the post made me smile because I'm about to embark on some new quilts and for the first time in a long time, I've no rules to follow as this is for my new group who don't work to given themes or sizes.

Heather wrote about "listening to a podcast of NPR’s TED Radio Hour where Barry Schwartz was talking about happiness. One of the things he spoke about was the fact that the more freedom we’re given, the less happy we are.  Too many choices lead to paralysis and second guessing ourselves because once we make a choice, we question whether or not it was the right one."

This is me all over, if I find a holiday cottage I like on the web I surf into the wee small hours in case I find one that I like better. I have to see all the bags that fit my requirements before, quite possibly, buying the first one I saw. (This explains why I bought a cross body bag in Portsmouth recently just hours before catching the ferry, having looked around my home town for weeks and weeks prior to the trip!)

I decided to set myself some parameters, *I’ve been looking at the quilts I like and trying to focus in on a theme or style and guess what – still too many choices! So I’ve given myself a stiff talking to and narrowed things down to three very different broad ideas. Now I’m going to try to let the process rule and not finalise the designs in my head before making a start. It won't be long before I discover whether this was the right choice or not!

Choices by jimflix!Attribution-Non
Commercial-NoDerivs License


1 comment:

magsramsay said...

Maybe it's time to consider a Quilt University workshop with EB to help clarify your thoughts....