CONTENTS

Friday, July 14, 2017

Where did that week go?

It's hard to believe that it's Friday already. This week I've mostly been piecing yellow-ish fabrics for the next 12bythedozen challenge, the focus this time being Klimt. And, as I promised myself I started to do some printing, only to find that the pack of Golden Fluid Acrylics doesn't include the black promised on the outside of the packet and that my acrylic retarder is well past it's sell by date! But I had enough of a go to realise that I'm not easily going to produce the amount of fabric that I'd like. These pieces are typical of what I was producing and are about 14" x 12":


The piece that I liked best was the print taken after I'd given the plate a quick wipe over with a babywipe.  I don't think I've moved so fast for ages as I did when I saw the beads of paint left on the plate:


So progress in the 100 (Work!)day challenge this week went like this:
  • Day 26 – 2 hours
  • Day 27 – 2 hours
  • Day 28 – 2 hours
  • Day 24 – 2 hours and more, being creative with nwcq, including making notelets* for sale on the CQ stand at FoQ
  • Day 25 – 2 hours, mainly printing 
* A6 notelet, this one used a freebie commercial print I've had since the scrapbooking craze hit, decades ago, for the cover. I knew there was a reason not to throw it away!




3 comments:

Georgina said...

I love the pared back sophistication!

Linda B. said...

Ha - that's the first time my name has been linked with sophistication! Though I'm defnitely less is more kind of person.

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a discovery on that plate - I would have moved fast too! Thinking perhaps you should scan that one so it could be printed out again and again at a later date. Just too cool.

Like your little book too.