CONTENTS

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Death by Planning

In response to 'Omega's' post:

I too find whole pieces in my brain, but the need to record them, to measure spaces between elements, to trial colours (digital camera and computer) and proportions often means that I know what I'm going to get before I've finished. I don't know where the 'need' comes from and I certainly don't follow the plan all the time, but perhaps it provides too safe a path to tread.

I have a week off work and plan to take a handful fabrics to my machine to create some layers without a pencil mark or print-out in sight. Whether this will bring me close to what I have in mind is anyone's guess, but it's worth a try - I might end up with something better than the rough idea currently in mind. Whatever happens it will be a surprise!

No comments: