CONTENTS

Monday, July 23, 2007

Indigo

After the last round robin which my group is in the throws of putting the last stitches to, in time for Harrogate, we felt we needed a bit of respite. So this time instead of doing a quilt each we're doing one between us - seven quilters = seven colours = a rainbow. We put the colours in the hat and I picked out red, my favourite. At first I was delighted but when I thought about it I realised that I could do red standing on my head - so I offered to swap. Not a good move, now I have indigo. After dyeing the colour wheel I felt reasonably well equipped to try dying tints of indigo. The first attempt 10 parts blue to one red was far too blue. I tried again, 9 parts blue to one part red, using the last of the blue dye and although I'm pleased with the tints - this is definitely not indigo. Obviously there are blues and blues ....


No comments: