CONTENTS

Monday, February 21, 2011

Quilt Retreat

I expected to enjoy my retreat last week - what I didn't realise is how much I'd enjoy it or how much I'd learn! Aside from the quilting the enjoyment came, in part, from being back in the Lakes as I have lots of wonderful memories from holidays in the area. Being with a good group of like minded people for five days was fantastic. There were periods of quiet, intense concentration as we worked on our chosen projects broken by outbursts of laughter as well as time spent sharing knowledge and ideas.  It was interesting to watch as initial reservations disappeared (Several of us had not met face to face before.) to be replaced by genuine interest and support for one another's work. We shared our leisure time too - sometimes walking together (Thanks to Gillian and Ruth for the trip up Helm Crag!!!) and sometimes sharing local knowledge. By the end of the week the discussion was not about whether we'd repeat the exercise, but when - how wonderful to have something to look forward to for the end of next winter

 Can you feel the concentration?

 Amazing blue skies

Glenthorne Guest House with Helm Crag in the background

No comments: