CONTENTS

Monday, May 23, 2011

Dyeing day

Friday saw a group of North West CQ members dyeing, under the expert tutelage of Sandra Wyman.  Although most of us had used Procian dyes before Sandra certainly filled in gaps in my knowledge and de-mystified something which I've enjoyed with mixed results in the past.

There were 14 of us and Sandra provided absolutely everything for the day, all that was required of us was a pair of gloves and a bucket in which to take home our still soaking fabric.

We worked on techniques to create value and colour graduations as well as parfait and tray dyeing. Sandra demonstrated use of a Thermofax screen which is high up on my 'to do' list as well as talking about other resist techniques. I tried to keep my dye choices fairly tight and also to work outside my comfort zone of hot colours but that orange was irresistable!


Some of the parfait dyes looked gorgeous, just as they were:


Thanks Sandra!

1 comment:

Sandra Wyman said...

If I'd known yours were as good as this you'd never have made it home with them!

Glad it was worthwhile.

I now have two tubs of print-paste of the right consistency - and I have to use them all before they go off (what a hardship!)