CONTENTS

Monday, July 11, 2011

Quilt and other withdrawals ....

Thanks for the supportive comments, they have definitely made me feel less bad about withdrawing the quilt but it has obviously had an effect on me as I have stopped work on another quilt that I had been working on more or less simultaneously.

I love paring things down to their essentials, but worry that sometimes I go to far.  That's OK if I stll like what I've done, like this computer sketch for the 12by groups next challenge 'Fragments' which gives me goosebumps at the moment:

The quilt that I was working on was similarly sparse but based on an idea of repetition and I took so much away that there was no visual interst left, but at least I could see it .... this time. So i think a few days away from the machine might be good for me!

No comments: