CONTENTS

Friday, May 18, 2012

I think I've peaked!

Following on from a request to include one of my 12 by the dozen pieces in next year's Quilters Guild calendar, my Tin Mine piece has been accepted for the cq@10 exhibit at FOQ 2012. For some reason I've not blogged about either but as this is likely to be the summit of my quilting career I'm making amends now!
 I can't believe that I haven't mentioned the tin mine challenge on the blog before as it was a struggle to come up with a concept, though the construction was worryingly simple. I owe a great deal to the attendees at the NWC retreat earlier this year, particularly Mags Ramsay and Judy Fairless who made sense of the random thoughts going round in my head.  Thanks to them the ideas finally gelled - I'm sure that they will see their input very clearly, though whether it is what they expected remains to be seen!

1 comment:

Sandra Wyman said...

Congratulations on both counts, Linda - well deserved - and I'm sure your career will go from strength to strength!