CONTENTS

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Moving on by moving back

Having played with scale, a little, I decided to return to my natural scale and play with colour instead. The graduation I achieved in Lisa Walton's class was limited both in terms of colour and direction. I decided to try a wider palette and went for a bright version of the gorgeous autumnal colours we are getting this year. I also want to try to control the direction and position of the colour graduation, rather than being dictated to by the fabric:


In pulling these colours out from my stash I thought, once again, that I never add any lights to my fabric collection. I've tried in the past but I really don't like pale colours, the only 'light' colour I wear is white! But then it occurred to me that when I was doing the Creative Sketchbooks course that I achieved more depth in my pencil sketches by adding more dark not more light. So I pulled out a couple of much darker shades and it really does make a difference - though I'm not sure how it much shows on the screen:


And this what I'm working on, there's some way to go yet and I wonder what people will think, as this is taking the "cutting up fabric and putting it back together again" idea another step, but I'm enjoying myself!



1 comment:

Heather Dubreuil said...

I like where you're going with this!