CONTENTS

Monday, March 20, 2017

A Change of scale ...

and an increase in enjoyment! I'm making these small pieces, to be mounted on 6" square box canvases for the next 10+ exhibition at Salford Art Gallery next month -  www.tenplustextiles.com/exhibitions.html They are based on one of the tiles on display made by Pilkingtons and designed by Lewis Day.
I began with quite a literal interpretation of the design but as ever my untidy way of working led on to these abstractions of the original. ( My original sketch slowly got covered by fabric and other pieces of paper until just a section remained in view, leading to that wonderful 'What if' moment!)
Because the pieces are small and some of the curves quite tight I decided to do some of the piecing using needle turn appliqué and have thoroughly enjoyed the time this stitching has given me to consider the next steps.



1 comment:

Margaret Cooter said...

6" square ... now there's an idea ...

These are lookin' good!