CONTENTS

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Creativity

One of the many joys of Youtube is the voice that it has given people. From teenagers re-cutting their favourite pop videos through lego animations to professional video makers Youtube provides a stage, a "what's in it for me" that encourages people to be creative.
This creativity is now being celebrated by Youtube in conjunction with the Guggenheim, the short list (Of 125 videos, so not so short then!)  which includes an amazing range of video genre can be seen here - http://www.youtube.com/playbiennial I've included a sample below:

Animation


Mosaic
I've been fascinated by computer generated mosaics since I first came across them, but this video takes things to another level - each still is clickable and plays the video from which the still was sourced.


Music
Just to prove that not all Youtube video tracks are jarring .....or is that just my age showing :-)

No comments: