CONTENTS

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Portrait of the artist contemplating her green issues

The group 12 by the dozen are having a year of colour challenges ... and I'm struggling. It doesn't help that the colour this time is one I hardly ever use in my work and rarely have in my wardrobe - green.
After a couple of failed attempts based on abstract ideas I had to stop and think about why I had a problem with this particular colour.  Doing so resulted in a design idea - though not in the way that I had anticipated:


My technique was a bit 'off' I suspect I went through the layers the wrong way - I certainly found myself trying to get my hands and scissors into some awkward places to finish the piece.


Our next challenge is a lot more interesting colour wise - but I've no idea how it will fit into my way of working:



No comments: