CONTENTS

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Distracted again.

This time it's a challenge being held by Region 13 - to interpret one of the Guild's Sandie Lush patterns any way you want. To me it was obvious that I have neither the time nor the skill to approach this in a traditional way and no other alternative popped into my head - until I got my soldering iron!!! A quick burning/melting test session on a piece of white organza and I had my answer - a simple stitched white outline with elements of the design burned away. A contemporary take on cutwork if you like, should be easy I thought at the weekend.


















Last night I revisited my chosen design and, typically, spent most of the evening trying to decide which elements to cut away. I have to make the decision now because my second alternative means manipulating the design slightly.


So I spent most of the evening scanning, cutting out and manipulating in Coreldraw to get the two images below. Have I now decided which version to use? Not really - I like the one that reminds me of cutting out snowflakes at school, but the version with less cut out maintains the integrity of the original.


2 comments:

smarcoux said...

very nice indeed ... and also like the Yvonne Brown technique too. She came to do a workshop with us ... fantastic to put all the techniques together .

Keep on stitching
Sandy

Elle said...

I looking forward to seeing how this turns out!