CONTENTS

Friday, October 13, 2017

NWCQ workshop ...

with Shelley Rhodes. I'm almost embarrassed to turn up at yet another workshop with Shelley for fear of fear appearing as some kind of groupie but I find her teaching style irresistible. Shelley's workshops are always well prepared and the pace suits me down to the ground, there's enough time to get a taster before moving on to the next step. Whether you continue or take that next step is entirely up to you, there is never any pressure. I find that that her workshops are the only time that I really manage abstraction from my subject as I'm usually, boringly, literal. I defy anyone to identify these images as being based on one of my Grandfather's fob watches:



Unfortunately I've not yet worked out how to achieve the same effect on fabric - but I'll be working on it!

No comments: