CONTENTS

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June TIF

Far from 'finished' this has been fun to make. I took an idea and played with it. When I stopped playing I let it go even though I could have tweaked and re-worked it to achieve a much better result. That would not have been at all playful - it would have been a battle and it seems that there is more to be learned from the play than the battle. I've argued this for many years on behalf of the 7 - 11 year olds that I worked with when I was teaching, so why has it taken so long to apply it to myself??????????????

7 comments:

Karoda said...

Love writing on a quilt!!!! I'm guessing that you'll be making a fabric book? Your thread writing shows such great control...did you use a stablizer underneath it?

Guzzisue said...

wish I had thought of this, its a great fun interpretation, sums up how I feel perfectly.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That embroidered page of text is absolutely fantastic.Did you use a single strand of thread and did you transfer the text onto the cloth before going over it with needle & thread or was it simply done freehand.Awesome.!!!!

magsramsay said...

Wow Linda, great to see a piece that's from the heart and as much about the process as the product. I can relate to the sentiments too!!

margaret said...

SO glad you are playing - and what a great outcome - it's a real cliffhanger!

margaret said...

... and will there be a sequel ...

sharon young said...

Fantastic, Linda, the text is totally brilliant and I love the way you've left the ideas hanging, I sooo...... agree with the sentiment.